HOW TO OBTAIN MY REAL ESTATE LICENSE
Considering a career in real estate in Chicago, Aurora, Rockford, Joliet, Naperville, or any other city in Illinois? To embark on this exciting journey, securing an Illinois real estate license is your first crucial step. Discover the essential steps to navigate the path toward becoming a licensed real estate professional in the state.
To initiate your journey, obtaining an Illinois real estate license is a crucial step. Here are the key steps you need to follow:
Step 1: Meet Age and Education Requirements
- Ensure you meet the age requirement of 21, or be 18 with an education requirement.
- Provide a high school diploma or equivalent (GED), exhibit good moral character, and furnish a Social Security number or a state-assigned identification number.
Step 2: Register and Complete 75 Hours of Required Education
- Complete 75 hours of state-approved real estate courses.
- Including an Illinois 60-Hour Broker Licensing course and an Illinois 15-Hour Applied Real Estate Principles Interactive course.
DRG Real Estate Academy provides suitable education options to fulfill this requirement.
View Licensing Packages (link to Broker Pre-Licensing Course)
Step 3: Create a Student Account with PSI Services LLC
- Register as a student with PSI before completing your course.
- Your school must electronically transmit your course completion information for exam registration.
- To register as a new student with PSI, click here
Step 4: Take and Pass the Illinois Real Estate License Exam
The Illinois exam, administered by PSI at multiple examination centers across the state, costs $58. Achieve a score of 75% or better to pass. DRGRA students are well-prepared for success. For additional preparation, enroll in:
- Broker Exam Prep
- Managing Broker Exam Prep
Find more exam information on the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional website.
Step 5: Apply for an Illinois License
- Select a Brokerage/Sponsoring Broker
- Apply for your license with the chosen Sponsoring Broker, and receive a sponsor card.
- Submit an online application with the required fee and transcripts (provided by the education provider).
Start your real estate career confidently with the guidance of DRG Real Estate Academy.